The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody Duesy owners out there? They really intrigue me. I love the look and the features of them.
Really cool unique designs and sounds!

I mainly play a les paul and a PRS McCarty 594 so I'd be interested to hear the differences you
guys hear and feel between the guitars Duesenberg is making, compared to something I'm familliar
with!

Cheers everyone :)
John

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I really got interested in them after seeing Jason Isbell last summer. I tried a few after - very nice instruments - Uncle Larry just confirms the need for one ;-)

Reactions: sharp_guy

· Premium Member
319 Posts
I really got interested in them after seeing Jason Isbell last summer. I tried a few after - very nice instruments - Uncle Larry just confirms the need for one ;-)
Where did you see Jason Isbell last summer, you lucky dog? I had June tickets for him in Toronto but Covid pushed it off till this June. And maybe till next June.

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Sorry - summer before. I've lost track of days...and weeks...and months...
;-)

· Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Maybe they aren't that open about the manufacture of their guitars. I haven't had the opportunity to visit their "plant" in Germany, but can say that they do make an awesome guitar, regardless of where it is actually made!!
But I can’t disregard “where it is actually made”. If a company expects me to pay 4 or 5 thousand dollars for a guitar, I expect them to be up front about where and how they are made.

· Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Sounds like a conspiracy theory designed by competitors or by people who haven't even played them or maybe even seen one!!
Seen and played! Very nice guitars, I think. The tremolo and tuners are fantastic design! And the guitars seemed very nice to me. But I still don’t know where they are made.

As an analogy, a Volkswagen made in Mexico and the same model that rolls off the line in Wolfsburg can be very hard to tell apart. Would you care if you had one or the other though? The market seems to think so, as the German-made ones tend to have a higher resale value. No matter what, both are German engineered and are likely far superior to a Dodge or Chevy. 😉

It’s more difficult with the Duesenbergs, as it doesn’t seem overly clear where they come from. I suspect those that own them probably choose to believe they have something hand-crafted by German artisans (and no doubt, some German artisan laid hands on the instrument at some point), and I would probably choose to believe the same if I bought one. But it seems an easy “conspiracy” to debunk that would only benefit them by making their instruments more appealing — so why don’t they?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.