Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And now for something completely different in a Guitar Forum,.... Drum Solos

A thread to post them in...

·
Registered
371 Posts
The late great Cozy Powell, and a bit of Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture (plus little bit of keys from Canadian David Stone)(Dio drummer Simon Wright used to do a fitting tribute to Cozy replicating this at many shows)

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Drum solos, like guitar solos are fine as long as they are short; under a minute at most.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts

Of course, some of us may have grown up to Led Zeppelin. I always wanted to lose my virginity to Whole Lotta Love or Moby Dick but had to settle for something else. Nevertheless, I thought then as I do now that John Bonham was amazing.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another Drum Battle, a long long time ago, in a galaxy.............

Reactions: zontar and Bubb

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Damn! You beat me by 12 minutes!
Another Drum Battle, a long long time ago, in a galaxy.............

I was looking for a particular Buddy Rich solo and found both Animal/BR battle and that GK/BR battle,had to make a call...Animal won :D

Still haven't found the solo I wanted to post yet,been busy with sick wife .

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
an explorer was lost in the jungle when he was captured by a primitive tribe. he was tied next to one of his native guides when he expressed apprehension at the continuing drums. his guide only replied "no, drums good. no drums, bad". several hours went by and the drums continue.
the guide only repeated "drums good. no drums, bad" then suggested that what should worry him is when they stop.
finally the explorer asked "what happens when the drums stop?"
the guide only replied "bass solo"

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
How about a drum intro

Reactions: Bubb
1 - 20 of 35 Posts