The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had gotten away from playing for a while. Just got bored and maybe even a bit frustrated in the way I was doing things. Needed to throw a spark in there. So added a Beat Buddy and a Looper to the arsenal and all of a sudden I am back in the game and having fun again. It really does help when you have the beats and with the looper its like having two or three guitar players at your disposal. Highly recommend these two pieces of gear, not necessarily these brands, but any beat maker and a looper for those that for whatever reason, play mostly on their own.

·
Premium Member
17,345 Posts
I'm glad you're back at it! I rarely play at home anymore, it's kind of a bummer. I'm tempted to bring the boom box downstairs with some CD's (house is mine til 5) but then I remember I forget how to play a lot of songs I learned haha.

·
Premium Member
8,555 Posts
That's awesome. That was my set-up not too long ago. I thought I could get the same feel out of the Digitech Trio, but it's not the same. I loved the beat buddy.

@Ti-Ron - The beat buddy sounds great, if you're playing it through a good speaker system/monitors. Otherwise, it's average sounding. The functionality is very good.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I've got the Beat buddy mini and i haven't had much time to run it through the paces. Its the bare bones beat buffy so if your not interested in programming your own tracks at all then its a great alternative for about 1/2 the price.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
For anyone interested, on a spur of the moment decision I bit and pre-ordered a Digitech Trio+, so i will be puting my Ditto looper and Beatbuddy mini for sale. I like the all in one solution and ability to have multiple song parts and different intensities. Looks like a winning product for me.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Had gotten away from playing for a while. Just got bored and maybe even a bit frustrated in the way I was doing things. Needed to throw a spark in there. So added a Beat Buddy and a Looper to the arsenal and all of a sudden I am back in the game and having fun again. It really does help when you have the beats and with the looper its like having two or three guitar players at your disposal. Highly recommend these two pieces of gear, not necessarily these brands, but any beat maker and a looper for those that for whatever reason, play mostly on their own.
Which looper did you get?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts