The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ambitious tonight and decided the mistress, electric that is, needed a sprucing up. Added a blue led and true bypass to dress things up....

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Good job - those blue LEDs have great tone. :smile:

How big are the circuit boards on those ElectroHarmonix pedals? I've often wondered why they use such big boxes for them. I'm a big fan of smaller boxes as I like a small, compact board. Would it be possible to re-house one of those into a smaller box, or is the circuit board itself large ?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inside is actually a fairly large cicuit board, takes up about 2/3rd's of the enclosure. Also there is a stepdown transformer for the 110 wall plug and rectifier circuit to get it to 12V DC. If you eliminated the power section and were to use a 12Vdc adapter the board could be laid out smaller and that would probably fit in a smaller enclosure. A lot of there older effects were huge, but I see there newer line is more sub compact... Yea the blue led sounded better than a red or green one so I went with it... :D Actually the best part of the mod was the TB.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After the head scratching reading the schematic I finally figured it out and the actual mods were not that hard. I'm going to do another one for a friend and I'll take some pics of the actual connections. If you can solder then this isn't too hard. Gotta have a drill for the led install though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts