The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

dream guitar

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Diablo 
#1 ·
hello im looking for my dream guitar, it has a maple fretboard and a neckthru with an ash body and a floating bridge. i would like to point out that i have been to all the major brand name sites such as ibanez, jackson, dean, LTD, peavey, cravin, and gibson and i found nothing unless i go custom but thats upwards of 5 grand, does anyone know of anything close to what i describe

#8 ·
I dont see how you wouldnt be able to get a Carvin like that, as I have seen them before like that.............
I agree. You should give Carvin a call. I know they do things that are not listed on the site. Pick one of the models and see if they can do the ash body for you. They do all they other options you want.

I visited the Carvin factory in San Diego last summer. All their guitars play like a dream. I highly recommend the California carved top!

#9 ·
Try Mike at Dot on Shaft (www.dotonshaft.com). He's also a sponsor here, I believe.

He has one called "Au Naturalle" - neck thru, ash body (looks like ash wings with a walnut line in between the maple neck), FR licensed bridge and...rosewood fingerboard. Ah well, 3 out of 4 is pretty darn good for less than $500 CDN (currently listed on eBay). It also has Grovers and EMG pickups.

I have a couple Dot on Shaft guitars and they are fantastic and Mike is a class act all the way.

#11 ·
Have you checked out the parts sites (Allparts, Warmoth, Stew-Mac, etc.)? It may be cheaper and easier to build your own, or have someone do it for you..

Peace, Mooh.
warmoth doesn't do neck thrus
they scale length on the stew mac neck thrus are 25",not 25.5" or 24 3/4",but i do like the fact they have ebony boards

#12 ·
Another vote for Lado. Love his stuff, and he'll do anything for you as long as its not crazy (he's a bit like Soup Nazi that way). But a helluva craftsman. 19 yrs after I had him make me a guitar, I still havent played a shredder that comes close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.