The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I have a extremely rare Dr. Z Stingray for sale or trade. I have enjoyed this amp a lot but it is really overkill for the kind of playing I do! This amp sounds absolutely killer, amazing clean tones and a fantastic tone when you let it break up and breathe a bit! I’d value the amp at between 2500-3000$ and am interested in lower wattage boutique or vintage amps (Princeton style)

I am located in Guelph so would prefer someone in the gta to purchase it as shipping would likely be a fortune!

Here is a listing copied from reverb, much better write up of the amp than I would do:

Here is an unbelievably rare Stingray combo amp, loaded with 1 Celestion Alnico Blue Speaker and 1 Celestion Alnico Gold. There were only 50 original Stingray amps released before Dr. Z was legally forced to change the name by Music Man. The amp design wasn't changed at all, but later models were simply renamed "Stang Ray". Of the 50 original Stingrays, there were only 4 combos produced, making this the pinnacle of Dr. Z collectibility.
Here's what Dr. Z says about the amp:
"The Stingray is the result of Dr. Z's second collaboration with superstar country guitarist Brad Paisley. After the success of their first partnership, the Prescription Extra Strength, Dr.Z and Brad Paisley wanted to develop an amplifier that offered an additional pallet of tones to work alongside the Prescription Extra Strength.
Using the classic setup of a quartet of EL84's biased close to true Class A at 30 watts, the Stingray tips its hat to classic British tones, but like all Dr.Z amps, has its own unique voice. The preamp uses an EF-86, and it has a 12AX7 phase inverter. Tone shaping is accomplished with Volume, Tone, and Cut controls, giving you the ability to dial up a warm tone, but with sweet 3k range brilliance for beautiful upper treble and nice low-midrange control. The output transformer was designed by Ken Fischer (Trainwreck), who also worked with Dr.Z on the Airbrake.
The front panel keeps it simple with controls for volume, tone, and cut. Around back is an effects loop and speaker outs (4, 8, and 16)."

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
As this is the OP's first post, and the text is copy and pasted from a Reverb ad for a different coloured unit, I'm a little suspicious.
In any case, this forum requires a paid subscription for selling. @davetcan can confirm.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
As this is the OP's first post, and the text is copy and pasted from a Reverb ad for a different coloured unit, I'm a little suspicious.
In any case, this forum requires a paid subscription for selling. @davetcan can confirm.

In the OP’s defence the amp that he posted has been sold on this forum a couple of times in the last 6 months to a year. It’s likely the only one in Canada, and as such, very recognizable. I assume he just liked the description from the one on Reverb. I’ve done this in the past a number of times - copy and pasted a well written description from another ad (for the same product) on the net.

·
Administrator
16,734 Posts

Paid subscription is no longer required to sell. Not something I agree with but I don't own the place.

I'm going to lock the thread for now and will PM the OP about the rules. I'll also ask for more pics.

·
Administrator
16,734 Posts
Still closed until I hear from him but I think he's legit.

·
Administrator
16,734 Posts
Thanks for contacting me Lukas, you should be clear to edit now. I’ve already moved it and added the prefix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts