The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those with experience know these are lovely amps, a mix of Vox and Marshall, not made since 2012 and rarely seen for sale. This is a 2004 I got in 2006 from a store in the US. I had it sent via Dr Z for a check-up before landing with me. There's an inked note from Z written inside dating that to April 23 2006. If memory serves I got it with the velcro wrap around carry case, or else I got that off ebay at that time. It's a while back !

Since 2003 I've spent most my time abroad working on cruise ships so my gear has seen very little use only while I'm home, otherwise stored with a good mate who's looked after everything. I recall playing it out once, maybe twice, long ago. As such it's almost pristine but for a couple of wee underside tolex dents pictured. I've checked it over and played it a few times while currently staying at my mates' house during covid and have decided it's time to let someone else enjoy it as I really don't have a use for it (amongst other gear presently). And looking forward not having my own home I reluctantly should downsize my collection.

Asking $1600. Plus I've some NOS EF86 tubes to discuss along with shipping methods. Located in Niagara region.

Underside dents.

Daz

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I had one of these a couple years ago (red, too!)

Incredible 3D clean amp that took pedals like nothing else. Moved on because the volume just wasn't reasonable for my use case (and still isn't), but it's a really cool amp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm one who just can't find the feel and character from pedal drives compared to natural amp drive. But alas I am old, and old school. Modern distortion to my ears is white noise. The amp 'overdose' function is a fantastic overdrive that adds Marshall grunt to the Vox chime. I've always used an Air Brake or Ultimate Attenuator. Class A 45 watts is impressive. To be fair these days there aint many places an amp over 18 watts isn't considered excessive.

Daz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts