The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped by the Kensington market today, and there was a music store on nassau st. I didn't really get the name, but it was really cluttered in there, and they had a lot of unfinished guitars for low prices. Fender strat (standard, I think) for $250 and a bunch of other stuff like jacksons for <$500ish. Anyway, has anyone been there? if so can you comment on the authenticity of these guitars? what should I check for? I'm being paranoid more so because they were unfinished, and anyone could put a 'Fender' stamp on it.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Is this the place you are talking about?

http://www.paulsboutique.ca/index.php

If so, it's been there a few years. Guy is mainly a used/vintage dealer. A strat for $250 my be just a MIM with issues (?)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I go there regularly...

i'm not really a fan of the quality of their used guitars, (i cant speak for bass's, keyboards, amps, or acoustics).

However,i've gotten my guitar set up there a couple times, and they do a great job, and its pretty cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the front looks familiar, it's probably hte same, but wow, when I went there today it was extremely messy with about two feet of movable space. But yeah, I was guessing the guitars were cheap because they were unfinished and not set up, but I dunno. The store on that website looks way more like a music store than the one I went to (which looked more like a cluttered storage room)

and Robert1950, any idea who I should ask for there? the only people who were manning the store were this elderly asian couple, and I noticed that the guy didn't know much about guitars..

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stumbled upon that store last March while waiting for my wife who was in a knitting shop across the street. I spotted a Squire "Fat" Telecaster and tried it out through a nice silverface twin. I had been considering getting an inexpensive Tele to try for a while. I ended up buying it from the guy who seemed like a 30ish guitar player sort. I don't recall the store being overly crowded or messy at that time, but that was in March.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts