The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to play the bass with my band last night. We were supposed to rehearse, but had a gig booked, so what better place to try it out!

(some of this is from an earlier post)
The bass is very nice IMO. Fit and finish is nearly perfect, but there are a couple small things you wouldn't find on a higer end bass. The body wood has two small flaws, or stains if you will, and it looks like one of the neck screws wasn't countersunk as much as the other 4. Other than that, it is great.

The neck is totally flawless! Feels so silky smooth, and not one wonky or sharp fret. Neck did not need any adjusting. I lowered the bridge saddles a bit to lower the action (very nice adjustable bridge). Intonation was spot on.

I brought this and my P-bass to the gig. The Douglas is active, and very punchy! The guys in the band loved it-so crisp and bright sounding! They couldn't get over the sound. I must admit, it did sound pretty darn nice.
Part way through the first set however, my rig started this really weird squeeling when I hit my chorus pedal. Pretty sure it was the bass, but can't be sure. In between sets, I opened the battery compartment and the battery pretty much fell out-wasn't really connected. Squeezed the posts together and the battery fit much better. Used it the remaining 2 sets of the night without any issues whatsoever.

Obviously a couple very small issues, but all things being said, this is a phenominal bass for $283CAN delivered to my door!! Easily worth 2-3 times the price.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats James, I'm glad you like your bass.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I was looking at these, and the brice, when I was shopping for a 6-string. Saw alot of good reviews, but I don't like to buy stuff without playing it first.
My next one might be a douglas..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts