The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am SO fortunate! Some of you have been following my build thread about my Luckhurst Princeton amp, and while I was in the middle of that I was thinking about my next build search. I wanted an old Marshall JTM45 or Bluesbreaker, but in a 1x12 combo form. Tremolo not needed.

I had contacted Steve Moratto a few weeks back and was inquiring about a JTM45 mini combo (2x8") that could basically double as a head when needed. I gave up on that and was considering a Ceriatone with a whack load of mods, or just a straight up JTM45 1x12 combo from Steve.

A few days ago Steve tells me to call him. He has a used JTM45 1x12 combo that a customer of his asked him to sell. It is a build he actually did for himself, sold, and then it found me. Price was STUPID good. I figured I had to jump on it otherwise someone (one of you guys probably) would have jumped on it. On the way over to get it I asked if he could put a PPIMV on it and he did it right then and there. This guy knows his stuff! Currently has 6L6 tubes and a 5E4 rectifier. WGS V30 clone speaker.

The Luckhurst Princeton is just awesome sounding. I got it with one of the 12" Eminence Maverick speakers that has an attenuator on it. Cool feature, and it really works. When the volume is up, it doesn't really mess with the tone too much. I am very impressed. Cabinet is slightly oversized, has awesome transformers and NOS tubes. I picked up an extra set for backup.

So, I went from no point-to-point amps, to 2 in less than 24 hours. Life is GOOD! I wish I had considered local builders before. I am hooked on this stuff now!

Both amps have Derrick Bell cabinets. He does great work too!

All three of these guys were a pleasure to deal with. They are excellent at what they do, communicate quickly, and get things done!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DANG that JTM is LOUD! And it gets loud fast.

I played it with everything maxed for giggles. Insane raunch! Makes the house shake.

Here they are nestled in my amp wall. So many flavours!

Reactions: bigboki and Budda

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the amp with the wooden legs?
Ibanez Tubescreamer TSA5TVR.

5 Watts. 1x8". Reverb. Footswitchable Tubescreamer. 6V6 power. Picked it up new in box on a Boxing Day deal.

Living Room friendly practice amp. Get a tweed cable and the spouse acceptance factor is very high.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a lovely music room.
Thanks! It was going to be a studio control room as the original plan was to turn the basement of this house into a commercial studio. Then I got a full time job unexpectedly and now just fuel my gear lust and have a cozy jam room/man cave.

Reactions: Budda
1 - 13 of 13 Posts