The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On August 22nd, I got a chance to check-out "Dot On Shaft" guitars in Barrie on my way to London. I was totally impressed with Mike's shop. He has guitars in there for everybody, and very reasonably priced.
I had promised my finacial advisor (wife), that if she let me stop and look around, I would resist the GAS pains and not buy on impulse....so it's been a few days now, and I should be about ready to go back and bring one of those babies home.
There are many guitars in the store that do not appear on their website. This place is definately worth checking out!

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
That's good to hear. Mike's a great guy to deal with. I still haven't made my up to the new shop but it looks really good in the pics on their website.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I mentioned this store in another thread. They get some of their guitars from these guys:

http://www.krakenguitars.com/

I don't know who owns the parent company but one of their sister companies, Bug's Gear, used to make excellent custom acoustics at a fraction of what you'd pay for an equally good guitar from the better known makers. I think the acoustics are now custom made under Kraken's name because last time I checked, the 'Bug's Gear' name was used for ukuleles.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Kraken guitars look really interessing, but maybe I'm too dumb but how dit you see the products or build your costum on there website? I've seen some picture but nothing more!:mad:

There's a password. Email them and they'll give it to you. But, I think you have to go through one of their dealers if you're not in Korea.

If you look around, you'll find many videos of their kiosk at Namm.

·
Registered
97 Posts
those Kranken look like knock off's to me
im sure BCR would like to see the warlock shape they stole

W

·
0 Posts
I bought this from Mike almost a year ago and I couldn't be happier.

My next guitar will also be from DOS.... but which one?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts