The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the Deal with Dot on Shaft guitars... they are priced low for what you get ... atleast it appears that way. Any DOS owners out there... what is your opinion on the DOS Les Paul copy... is it just cool looking or does it deliver the goods?

Khing

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
I dont own a DOS, but you always get what you pay for. Luckily in the guitar world, what you get has been getting better and better all the time. My first cheapo guitar had a neck made from compressed sawdust. I dont think they make anything like that today..............

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I don't have the LP copy but I do have 2 DOS guitars - the 7 string model and the "MayEye" (semi hollow). Both are great for the price. I run them through my Line6 POD XTL and can get some great sounds from both. They seem really well made and the finishes are fantastic. Both of mine come from Dot on Shaft's Korean OEM manufacturer although some of their models are from Indonesia and China (I believe the LP is from China). There's a review on Harmony Central about the DOS LP - the guy seems pretty happy with it. Can't go wrong with the $80 he paid for it (DOS guitars were selling REALLY cheap on eBay when first introduced).
If you're interested, I'd suggest emailing Mike at DOS (an awesome guy to deal with). He'll answer any questions straight up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts