The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier looking for help with orange/matamp schematics and after some digging and tweaking I've got a semi stable amp build going. It's a marshall style pi and power amp with a goosed orange/matamp style preamp with cathode cap and coupling cap switching on v1. Recorded a quick and dirty sound test with my laptop mic.

I was inspired by the Sleep and Black Sabbath sounds and the laney klipp with a built in fuzz type of aggressive fuzzed out distortion. Will update with gut shots shortly.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to see if i could get a doomy fuzzed out sound sans pedals. The low jack bypasses one of the gain stages so i can have a loud clean platform for the classic doom set up of a clean and cranked amp and aggressive pedal distortion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its based on the on the electric amp innovations master volume 120 watt model. http://rh-tech.org/public/ORMAT/EA120MVFix.JPG
it's pretty loosely based, I added an extra gain stage and there are component values that are slightly different. The jacks are wired like a jcm 800 so the high jack has an additional gain stage before it hits the FAC control and the lo Jack skips that extra stage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts