The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you consider mounting pedals underneath it then? There's a rig tour for Ariel Posen and that's what he ended up doing on his travel board (skip to around 1:50 or so). I had a buffer mounted under one of my pedalboards, but it didn't have any knobs so it really didn't make much of a difference. Ariel's board sounds great, but I can't imagine how much of a pain it would be to change the settings.

·
Registered
763 Posts
They’re obviously pedals he doesn’t tweak. Nice idea really. Especially if you have a full time switcher

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
You mean just a split level board? My bandmate has one, the power supplies are mounted under. IMO if you have something like a PT-3 and you're running out of space on your board, you *may* want to re-evaluate what you have on there. Or do what some people do and just buy a second board haha.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hmmmm, I thought the idea was to completely fill up the space. Why leave any room? Seems a waste of space if you can wedge one more pedal on. Besides what else do you get to spend money on?

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Hmmmm, I thought the idea was to completely fill up the space. Why leave any room? Seems a waste of space if you can wedge one more pedal on. Besides what else do you get to spend money on?
Thats what got me into pedals. I wanted a tuner pedal. If I'm plugging in one...

P

·
0 Posts
My board has 2 sides and a back. I have 2 pedals and 2 Pedal Powers Velcro'd on their sides to shoehorn in as much as possible.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
You mean just a split level board? My bandmate has one, the power supplies are mounted under. IMO if you have something like a PT-3 and you're running out of space on your board, you *may* want to re-evaluate what you have on there. Or do what some people do and just buy a second board haha.
You're going to need a bigger board.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’ve seen some people throw their “always on” pedals underneath their board. Mostly pedals that are rarely tweaked get put under there.

I thought about mounting my mini compressor underneath my pedal train nano, but I’d have to raise the board up a bit and the power supply wouldn’t fit if the compressor was there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts