The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don Ross - Wow!

Thanks for posting the link. Don is awesome...he is very diverse and I like how he mixes things up here. What a huge groove monster on Avalance! I am completely inspired (to smash my guitar into a thousand pieces).;)

So far listening to his sample tracks I have put off tending to house chores and vacuuming for over an hour now.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol....he is unbelievable, read his bio...he won the kentucky finger picking contest both times he attended....

·
Registered
249 Posts
SCREEM said:
lol....he is unbelievable, read his bio...he won the kentucky finger picking contest both times he attended....
Actually Don placed third at the Walnut Valley National Fingerstyle Championships in '87, before winning it outright in '88 and '96.

Great player. Question is: has he jumped the shark?:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you like Don Ross (the first time i heard Three Hands, i nearly choked...he's unreal), check out:

Phil Keaggy
Muriel Andersen
Pete Huttlinger
Michael Chapdelaine
Tommy Emmanuel

Who are just a handful of fingerstylists that can knock you right out of your chair.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Another Canadian "Don"

If you like Ross' style and groove you may also be interested in Don Alder from Vancouver and last year's fingerstyle champion Erick Turnbull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts