The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...i feel for the guy.

he screwed up, admitted it, and apologized profusely.

can't ask for more than that.

and, no, i don't believe that he is racist.

-dh

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Both he and his wife are well beyond ridiculous IMO. Take pro wrassling, deduct 60 IQ points and voila.

For that hairdo alone, he should have his show pulled.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
That he ever had one in the first place was even sadder....
I agree. The fact that a former convicted murderer with 18 counts of Armed Robbery becomes a celebrity is way beyond my comprehension.

C

·
0 Posts
"The fact that a former convicted murderer with 18 counts of Armed Robbery becomes a celebrity is way beyond my comprehension."
The fact that people are dumb enough, are so complacent when it comes to entertainment that they'll tune in to watch this ignorance is what blows my mind....

Who has time, energy, or interest enough in this idiot and his antics to MAKE him a celebrity???

Besides the people who are making buckets of $$ off him.....

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I've sat through an episode or two.

I think they are going for the whole 'these guys are so pathetic it's entertaining thing'.
+1 we've watched some and it's like joke or something. Sometimes it was embarrasing to watch... like watching a train wreck.

A friend recently came back from Hawaii wearing one of the shows t-shirts and she was warned when she bought it NOT to wear it downtown Honolulu as she might get shot. Aparently their offices are riddled with bullet holes... Some quality tv programming there!

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
Have seen ads for it, but never watched the show. I gather it's not a drama. I don't dig his style, or for that matter his job, but whatever floats your/his boat is no concern of mine. TV sures gets weird sometimes. Reminds me it's time to practice guitar.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Whether his statements were taken out of context or not as he claims it to be, I still feel bad for him (not that I condone racism. I've been on the receiving end of it far too many times for that). That was a private phone conversation with his son. In all likelihood, he's the one who sold it to the Enquirer. Think about it. He was double-crossed by his own son.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Whether his statements were taken out of context or not, I still feel bad for him. That was a private phone conversation with his son. In all likelihood, he's the one who sold it to the Enquirer. Think about it. He was double-crossed by his own son.
Couldn't agree more. That sucks. I don't watch his show but my in-laws watch him on a regular basis. They love it!! Hats, T-shirts everything...(not the Beth costumes - as far as I know)

I'm sure "Dog" has done some shitty things in the past, but it doesn't look like he's doing robberies now. If anyone is to blame for putting shows like that on TV it's the networks and the viewing public for watching it.

I think it's just human nature. Our voyeuristic side - like slowing down and gawking while driving by a messy accident scene (unless you're looking for a place to park so you can jump out and help). While I'm sure he's into it for the ride, IMO he is nothing more than another person exploited on North American TV.

Before the networks shut down "Dog" they should really consider canceling that talk show where everyone fights - I think his name is Jerry Springer or something - now there's a train wreck of a show!!

:wave:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just curious, and pardon my ignorance, but is there anyone else here who's never seen his show? Seems like I've seen his image on a commercial or something, but I thought that guy was a wrestler.
I'm another who never knew who this joker was until he was in the news for being in jail in Mexico, which like Canada, takes a very dim view of the bounty hunting types.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm another who never knew who this joker was until he was in the news for being in jail in Mexico, which like Canada, takes a very dim view of the bounty hunting types.

Cheers!
Yeah, one way to look at it is that bail bondsmen are borderline loan sharks and bounty hunters their 'muscle'.

I had actually seen the TV here in Korea. His 'nuggets of wisdom' are always good for a laugh. As far as the show itself, it's no worse than many of the other reality shows. At least, this one isn't scripted from beginning to end.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
As with all such "entertainment" it's not the program itself or the characters in it which bother me.

It's the fact that enough people watch it to support the show.

I don't get it. At the risk of sounding elitist, it's an insult to my intelligence.

And yes, based on listening to the tape, he's a racist in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I can only hope they take that show off the TV. I cant beleive it ever got passed the first season.
...its actually no better or worse than anything else that passes for entertainment on mainstream television.

back when i used to watch tv, i actually got a kick out of that show.

but, again, i think his apology was genuine, and proof that he is not a racist, even if his remarks were.

-dh

1 - 20 of 45 Posts