The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Mine stay at 10 for live use.

Its glowing side dots i want. Luminlay doesnt stay lit long without a source apparently :(
I have thought about gluing something over the neck dots that would allow me to feel them with my left hand while playing.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
"I need to see what number my guitar volume is at" said no guitarist ever.
Correction: Said (at least) one guitarist ever.

I always adjust my volume controls back and forth playing live. For rhythm stuff, I live at around 7 or 8 and have 9 and 10 available for that extra attack on solos or accent parts. I like to be able to see the knob's position. I set Tele and Gretsch knobs (no numbers) such that the set screw is just 'going just over the horizon' at 10, so again I can see when I'm in that 7 or 8 range. Lower than that doesn't really matter much, at that point I'm dialing by ear. But at the start of a tune, it's a nice visual reference to know where I'm starting at.

Even with all that, I don't really need illuminated or glow in the dark knobs. As some have said, fret markers would be handy.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
@High/Deaf why wouldnt you just go by what you hear instead of what the knob says though? Seems easier :p

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
@High/Deaf why wouldnt you just go by what you hear instead of what the knob says though? Seems easier :p
Oh, that's certainly part of it. But before the first chord or intro of a song, it's nice to now where I'm at. No surprises. It's still sometimes done by feel - especially with the Gretsch (roll all the way up and pull back a couple) but since I could set the knobs anywhere, why not set them to something useful?

Reactions: davetcan

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Correction: Said (at least) one guitarist ever.

I always adjust my volume controls back and forth playing live. For rhythm stuff, I live at around 7 or 8 and have 9 and 10 available for that extra attack on solos or accent parts. I like to be able to see the knob's position. I set Tele and Gretsch knobs (no numbers) such that the set screw is just 'going just over the horizon' at 10, so again I can see when I'm in that 7 or 8 range. Lower than that doesn't really matter much, at that point I'm dialing by ear. But at the start of a tune, it's a nice visual reference to know where I'm starting at.

Even with all that, I don't really need illuminated or glow in the dark knobs. As some have said, fret markers would be handy.
Didn’t really need the glow either but these are really high quality and it’s hard to find this style of knob with numbers on them. I do use my volume and tone a lot.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
Day Glow Nobs. Think I found my new band name.

“Your nob is positively glowing!” Yeah, chicks say that all the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts