The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I always associate them with elderly people.

Maybe I’m wrong about but I wouldn’t wear one.

Hard to beat a fur felt Stetson cattle hat in my opinion. You can wear them with anything including a business suit.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,108 Posts
If you're after them to make a fashion statement they're not recommend. Great for practical reasons though. The military issues them to us on deployment. They're tough as nails, great for preventing sunburn and they have a lifetime warranty. And the bonus is nobody confuses you with a Burt Reynolds impersonator.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
I'm old, but I don't own a Tilley hat, but yes, I do think they are old things.

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
Yup. Especially if you wear it with socks AND sandals and bahama shirts.
Or have a crease in your jeans, wear a fannypack or have sunglasses that convert to anything else by flipping up, snapping off, etc.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I own two Tilley hats. One I got for Christmas and one I inherited from my Dad. Both are at least twenty years old and still going strong. They are great rain hats. If it’s raining on my morning walk one of Tilleys is the choice.
My dad wears a Tilley hat and he quite likes it.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
as long as you don't wear a wedge cap, you'e ok. a wedge cap means you drive too dam slow, and forget to turn off your blinker all the time

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have to admit, I at least like the way the T3 Wanderer looks, at least in the pictures I've seen. I could hate it on me though.

I'm coming to the realization that my pale skin needs a bit more than sunscreen if I'm going to be out in the sun for long periods of time. That and , I guess I'm starting to get old. ;)

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as long as you don't wear a wedge cap, you'e ok. a wedge cap means you drive too dam slow, and forget to turn off your blinker all the time
I have a picture of my grandfather wearing a wedge cap from when he was 18. It was his army picture though and he probably didn't have a say in the matter.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
I have a picture of my grandfather wearing a wedge cap from when he was 18. It was his army picture though and he probably didn't have a say in the matter.
we all make compromises. i guess he figured that was a small price to pay for serving his country. don't judge him harshly for it, i would say. hell, i even cut my hair a few times. soon i'll be proudly rocking a mullet.

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
I have never seen someone wear a wedge NOT in a military context.

·
Premium Member
9,724 Posts
I think you get a pass with a Tilley if you’re fishing.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts