The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,107 Posts
This is probably a morbid note... I can't speak to age vs musical taste but that name brings back shitty memories. I watched a guy get shot in the head outside of Margaritaville in Montego Bay a few years back over some silly love triangle bull shit.

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
old and lame....but gosh my family loves his restaurants! I guess that makes me old, lame and fat.

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
It just says loading tweet....unless that's the point.
that's weird...it shows up on my screen, even the part you quoted.
Its a poll. Would you rather have $500k cash or 30million Instagram followers?

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Once you start nibblin' on sponge cake...
I sometimes have Werthers or scotch mints on me for long boring meetings....co-workers used to call me grandpa when they saw them.

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
er...................older.;)

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
Well...Margaritaville came out in 1977, and my cover band of the late '70s played it, so I'm not getting old, I'm already old. Thanks for reminding me...not.

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
The guy has had a pretty good career thanks to 3 songs. Listening to him makes you about as old as listening to Led Zep.
led zep at least has a certain badass quality to them that has appeal to some younger people...Gordon Lightfoot Roger Whittaker Anne Murray or james Taylor might be a better comparison. Retired white people music. But if it helps them with their anxiety (wink!), why not?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Jimmy whooooo ?? 8-/
Good music has no age, though. ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts