The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I'm new to this forum and joined it in part, to find out if guitar great Ed Patterson is still with us. I have some studio recordings of his I would like to get to him or his family/next of kin. Any leads would be appreciated. Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know an old friend of Eddie's, but we have kind of lost touch over the years. I met and jammed with Ed back in the 90's here in Calgary. He was living in Edmonton at the time. Great player with an interesting history. He had a weird vintage Roland synth rig hooked up to his strat at the time. The only recording I have of him is on Big Miller's "Live at Athabasca" CD. I will see if I can find out anything for you. I need to get in touch with my old friend anyways. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He used to play in my cousin's band in the 70's and 80's. I last saw him about 10 years ago, but I'm pretty sure he's still around. I can check with her. I imagine she's probably still in touch.
That's fantastic...thanks nkjanssen. Yes, he was quite active in the 70's and 80's. Here's hoping he's still about:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. I know an old friend of Eddie's, but we have kind of lost touch over the years. I met and jammed with Ed back in the 90's here in Calgary. He was living in Edmonton at the time. Great player with an interesting history. He had a weird vintage Roland synth rig hooked up to his strat at the time. The only recording I have of him is on Big Miller's "Live at Athabasca" CD. I will see if I can find out anything for you. I need to get in touch with my old friend anyways. :)
Thanks Sneaky! I did hear that he was in Edmonton for many years, possibly southern Ontario after that. Cool you got to jam with him. I believe his Roland rig played a fairly prominent role in some of these recordings as well. If you can find anything out,sweet!... If not, great excuse to reconnect with an old friend

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ed is still with us is still a great guitarist. I will send him a note to tell him about this message.
Recently the quite wonderful LP Brahman (1971) was posted on YouTube. Ed is on that as well as several other great band members. I highly recommend checking it out and give it a few listens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm here to confirm what Jakedog has said. Ed and Jo Patterson are alive and well and living in Burlington, Ontario, where Ed teaches guitar at Burlington Sound.
He had the Strat with the Roland rig when I met him at Andantes in Edmonton, 1985, and still has it to this day.
Some years ago, in Victoria, I happened to come across a pristine copy of the Brahman album, and gave it to Ed for his birthday since, surprisingly, he didn't have a copy.
I possess a number of Ed's CDs, one of which features my artwork on the cover. I also have a variety of cassette tapes which he gave or sent to me over the years.
I continue to think that he is an exceptional guitarist, who has never received the wider recognition he deserves. That said, he's a very humble man, and I'm not sure he cares much.
A fine fellow, and a credit to the guitar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts