The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to get a '74 Olympic white Jazzmaster or Jaguar, but it seems they are extremely rare. What happened to them? Same with Jaguars. Anyone got one?
Cheers

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
I don't know if I've ever actually seen a 70's Jazzmaster or Jag.

Late 60's is far back as I've ever seen for a vintage one, even though I know they made them well into the 70's.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They made them right up until 1979. There are a few on Reverb at ridiculous prices, but its strange how you just never see them.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
I don't know if I've ever actually seen a 70's Jazzmaster or Jag.

Late 60's is far back as I've ever seen for a vintage one, even though I know they made them well into the 70's.
I actually owned one back in 1970. Should have kept it.Oh well, c'est la vie.

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
That's a nice looking guitar, but yeah, pretty expensive.

I remember when 70's Fenders were the dogs.
Their age gives them their value. Not their special playing attributes. I don't like them. I used to buy and sell them weekly. Strats in at $275-$325 and sell them a few weeks later cleaned up for $375-$450. This would be in 1989-90. Buy and sell newspaper toronto.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
I've got leads on two early 60's Jazzmasters. One is a closet queen and the other one is well road worn, with a bit of Canadiana history. Neither may ever become available and they may be out of my price range when they do, but that keeps me from ever looking at any reissues or later guitars.

It is quite frankly a guitar I have happily lived without for decades but wouldn't mind a nice old one if things we just right. I'm good either way.

Reactions: sambonee

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
I would love to get a '74 Olympic white Jazzmaster or Jaguar, but it seems they are extremely rare. What happened to them? Same with Jaguars. Anyone got one?
Cheers
Time to email the big vintage and high end shops in the US. Aside from a private sale, thats most likely where you will find them.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
gBase would be a good place to start. You can really narrow in on your search parameters.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Also, watch the Used section of Guitar Center online site daily. They get some surprising stuff. You can make an offer, as well, by calling them. Just have it shipped to your closest location, and drive across the border to pickup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts