The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
I usually put picks in my wallet. I only use them at guitar stores.

Otherwise, I normally have a pick stuck in between my strings around the 1st fret of each of my guitars.

View attachment 350158
A convenient grab’n’go solution ;)

I will join the chorus of Blue Chip love. Great picks. I rarely use other picks, although I have same Fender Tortuga extra heavies and a casein from Charmed Life Picks that I also like.

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
I actually used to keep a pick between the edge of the pickup and it's ring (ovular Gibson LoZ stacked humbucker not standard rectangle shape) so it would get curved. Better grip, no dropping it that way.

·
Registered
15,322 Posts
It may have happened, but I don't keep picks or anything in those pockets as it tends to pinch into my body & I get numbness from it.

I keep picks in a pick pocket attached to a key ring, in my regular pocket--and in cases and other containers.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Forgot to mention that I have spent less on picks the last 10+ years I've been using these Bluechips. Haven't bought one again until recently as I wanted to try a thinner gauge.

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
Forgot to mention that I have spent less on picks the last 10+ years I've been using these Bluechips. Haven't bought one again until recently as I wanted to try a thinner gauge.
Are they available locally or in Canada?

There are so many I would be lost trying pick one.

$35 USD x 2 plus shipping.. wow.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Are they available locally or in Canada?

There are so many I would be lost trying pick one.

$35 USD x 2 plus shipping.. wow.
Have to order it directly from Bluechip. I don't know of anyone selling it here in Canada. I'm using the Jazz 50 which is equivalent to a Dunlop Jazz III. I just bought the Jazz40 just recently and I like it more than the 50, at least right now. LIke I said it's expensive but you won't be buying new ones again unless you lose it.

·
Premium Member
17,233 Posts
I don't play enough to curve my picks these days anyway, but I don't recall them curving much back when I did play that much.

I use generally around .8 mm picks and buy them by the gross. Seems like it would take a lot of heat and/or pressure to curve a pick that thick.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The thinner picks I use for acoustic bend. I store them similarly to a pic already posted but in three strings. Over-under-over. It usually flattens while playing, but I do hold it so my thumb is in the concave. When I'm done playing I store it back in the low three strings of the guitar, but opposite. That's really only for the living room beater. I have an ashtray full of picks in my guitar room if I sit down to practice something deliberate. Those are all flat.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don't play enough to curve my picks these days anyway, but I don't recall them curving much back when I did play that much.

I use generally around .8 mm picks and buy them by the gross. Seems like it would take a lot of heat and/or pressure to curve a pick that thick.
My picks get a slight curve in them from living in the little 5th pocket of my jeans. Not from playing. I use .89s.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use the Dunlop "Tortex" picks. Either the blue (1.0mm) or purple (1.14mm) ones so they don't bend. I am not a fan of those thin nylon picks.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts