The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else carry their picks in the little 5th pocket of jeans and notice that after a while they seem to develop a curve?

The curve is so subtle that I don't know if you can even see it but I swear I can feel it.

Have to play with the curve facing away from the strings, not into them if that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Yes.
I've had a lot of them curve either in my pockets or in my wallet.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
Get a Bluechip. Never curves or wear out. Picks for life. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
When I discovered this I started intentionally trying to curve them. I liked it even though it meant only one side was usable. I gave up because I could never get the curve consistently with the right curve.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
How are they self lubricating? Graphite?
It's the material they use that makes them stick. In the 10 years I've used them I've only dropped them twice.
Also, I have a small wooden case for mine so I don't lose them. Once I finish playing, I put it back in the small case. I used to lose them a lot too but when I bought these ones, I made sure I don't lose them LOL

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the material they use that makes them stick. In the 10 years I've used them I've only dropped them twice.
Also, I have a small wooden case for mine so I don't lose them. Once I finish playing, I put it back in the small case. I used to lose them a lot too but when I bought these ones, I made sure I don't lose them LOL
Yeah I bet.

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
This is the case I use. You can even have your name engraved in the box.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I used to use some cheap picks that would curve. Since I started using blue chip picks a few years ago I've never had a problem with them developing a curve.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I lose picks too often. It's like me buying expensive sunglasses. Pointless.

Yeah I used to use picks like crazy. I didn't really care at less than a buck a piece. Since I started using blue chips I haven't lost a one. I'll cry if I do.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Given the level at which I lose picks, no matter how long they last, 'hi end' picks are not a good investment strategy in my case!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I usually put picks in my wallet. I only use them at guitar stores.

Otherwise, I normally have a pick stuck in between my strings around the 1st fret of each of my guitars.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I lose picks too often. It's like me buying expensive sunglasses. Pointless.
When you spend $35 for a pick one tends not to lose them. I switched to chicken picks last year, not as expensive but still $10 or $15 a pick....haven’t lost one yet. I probably saved money on picks overall.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts