The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your in a band and may or may not have any intentions of leaving , do you level up with them that you are doing auditions with other bands, or do you keep quiet.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
None of their business if you ask me, especially since you sound somewhat undecided. Having said that if they ask I wouldn't lie about it. Most importantly, don't take any advice from anyone named steadfastly. :)

Reactions: Woof

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gotta be straight up with them. Whatever the reasons you might have don't leave them in a bind by just leaving unannounced. Happened to the group I play with and it doesn't leave a good feeling in the gut.
My opinion only.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I would say audition...and then if its offered to you, the offer it up to your band...

They dont need to know your shopping, especially if the audition doesnt go well

L

·
0 Posts
I play bass for one band and guitar with another.
I informed both about this situation.
They also know that if I find something closer to home or more my forte, that I may leave.
They're just fun jam bands, so no big commitments with either.
So, yes, keep everyone in the loop. IMO.

·
Premium Member
17,365 Posts
Well, that depends on your relationship with your employer, and if your coworkers tell them even if you don't ;).

It would depend on the situation. I told the band I started that I was joining a band that would take priority (over a band that was my baby). Eventually I had to quit and it fizzled out afterwards.

If it's a hobby band, do whatever you want.

·
Premium Member
8,960 Posts
Hobby band here (2 actually) 1 I will never leave but the other, I have told them to start looking and I am actively seeking something else.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is a jam band i am, going to a band that has got gigs lined up for the summer, which i am interested in.

·
Premium Member
17,365 Posts
If its a jam band then yeah do whatever you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts