The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped using cash for everything but the smallest purchases for well over twenty years, but lately I've been going back to it. It's more private, to a certain extent, even though I really have nothing to hide.

A lot of people know who went through divorces started using cash for everything so things were somewhat less traceable.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Not often anymore. I can go for weeks with no cash in my wallet and put virtually everything on credit now to maximize cash back rewards, or small purchases on debit.

·
Premium Member
16,835 Posts
I use debit for pretty much everything. I also take my wallet out of my back pocket for drives over a half hour to save my back/be more comfortable.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts

·
Registered
24,383 Posts
I try to use cash for as much as I can, simply because I like the way it helps to limit spending. "How much have I got on me?" is one of the best mechanisms for self-restraint. Bear in mind that credit cards and all the contemporary "conveniences" are intended to encourage impulse spending.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have always paid much of my regular expenses cash except grocery when it get by or over $100 : It keeps from losing time with electronic cash crash.
Also, I once paid gas filling with a card... which got then cloned ! Got the vaccine !
I hate all those garbage ads we can receive... and my banker does not have to know where I spend MY money !
As my current account does not charge fee until twelve transactions a mounth, it helps to have some cash in pocket and avoid the "drew card reflex" for any purchase.
Do I keep all that cash in my wallet ? No, I leave the rest somewhere at home... ;-)

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,823 Posts
Aside from people/places that require cash, I'm completely cash free. Always have been.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Small purchases. I try to have ~$40 or so in my wallet, just in case. Cash for Kijiji deals

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I use my credit card for the most part, but I carry a couple of hundred in cash if I go for a long drive. I was caught without any cash and an empty tank once while the debit/credit card machines were down and had to wait a couple of hours before I could buy any gas.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I prefer cash. I like the anonymity of it. There are some things that kind of require using cc or paying right out of my bank account but other than that...cash all the way. I don't feel comfortable leaving the house without cash in my pocket.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts