·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Kids do, was a cheaper way to go for us instead of the iPad

Best mediocre guitarist in Calgary.

·
Premium Member
16,624 Posts
Never had one. The wife clocks some time on hers to unwind. Our drummer uses his for games on the road and to keep track of band stuff.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I never liked them. I tried though. But for me, it was always easier to just sit down at the computer and have a real keyboard, fast processor and big screen. Oh, and the programs I use all the time. But my wife loves them and uses hers way more than the computer.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Use my iPad more than my two macs, two pcs, or my phone. Unless I absolutely need a real keyboard I prefer a tablet. I do remote support work and a tablet isn't that great for that. I won't do banking on a tablet either. They are too easy to hack. For that matter I won't do banking on any computer that leaves the house.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
I have an android tablet. Rarely use it anymore. I use my smartphone if I need to outside of the house. At home it is old school desktop PC.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Use a tablet almost exclusively at home. I have a Bluetooth keyboard if I have to do excessive typing. We just switched from laptops to tablets at work.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
I use an iPad a lot, as do most of my students.

Lots of musicians using them on stage these days.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I use it all the time. At our meetings, more than half the congregation use them instead of the printed page now. Our business meetings with our company have a number using tablets as well; the rest use their smart phones.

·
Premium Member
11,605 Posts
Sometimes, to go to sleep. But I prefer gel-filled for pain relief. Quicker.

Reactions: Budda

·
Premium Member
8,534 Posts
My family got me an iPad 5-6 years ago, I said 'meh' and had them return it. They tried again 2 years ago and now it's just about all I use, outside of office hours. There are still a few things I haven't figured out, I'm terrible at copy paste so don't link as many pics as I used to here. I wouldn't know how to link something from photobucket or elsewhere back to here. But otherwise, I'm very comfortable with it, and it gets me out of my office (where the computer is).

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
We've got 4 of them in the house and they all go pretty much unused. The wife surprised me with an iPad generation 3 for Christmas years ago, a 64 gig, 3G model (big money back then). Not being an Apple person, I never bonded with it or used it. She used it a bit. Then I bought a Microsoft Surface when they came out, thinking it would be just like a more portable laptop. Wrong. I hated it.....still hate it. Never use it. Then we bought a pair of inexpensive ZTE android pads, thinking we'd use them. They're great & everything, but I still carry a pad of paper with me to jobs. I wish I had the CAD skills to draw on the screen/add dimensions/etc instead of using paper all the time. But I don't.

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
I use an iPad a lot, so do my wife and son (cuddle on the couch over some youtube, etc.). We use the calendar for work. I make stop motion movies as well as my youtube vids on it.

I watch movies and tv on a cheap android tablet too.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
I have a 10" tablet I use 95% for reading. It's android so it has a few games to pass the time

1 - 20 of 39 Posts