The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a regular basis, or do you smoke it just occasionally?

Or did you give it up entirely?

Or never start in the first place?

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Was never into it. Tried it a bit in HS but smoking anything at all was never something that I wanted to do and people were always pushing it on you; usually when people start trying to get me to do something that I’m agnostic about I tell them to fuck off .. lol

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never had any desire to try it when I was a teenager. I only smoked it a handful of times in my 20's and had a few bad reactions. I don't have any desire to go down that road again.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Was into heavy drug use in a former life. I quit weed before some of the other ones. I’ve smoked three or four joints in past 30 years. Once it’s legal and I don’t have to get it from the same guys that sell harder stuff I may try it again. For now I can’t risk being where there is harder stuff available.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was into heavy drug use in a former life. I quit weed before some of the other ones. I’ve smoked three or four joints in past 30 years. Once it’s legal and I don’t have to get it from the same guys that sell harder stuff I may try it again. For now I can’t risk being where there is harder stuff available.
When it's legal, if there's something that can help with anxiety, I might consider trying it again. I have zero desire to try anything from even a remotely sketchy source though.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I was stoned for about 10 or 15 years. Then I bought a house, had a kid and changed careers so it just doesnt appeal to me anymore. Ill share some a few times a year while vacationing but thats it.

That being said Id probably still have some around if it wasnt a pain to track down. I look forward to the coming convenience and selection.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,439 Posts
Haven’t done it in nearly 20years.
When I wa single it seemed like most of the girls I dated did it, more so than the male friends I had,

When it’s legal, I for sure will give it a try. Not sure it’s going to be a regular thing though, and I likely will be discreet about it.

Ethically I’ve never had a problem with it. I see it as analogous to a hybrid of alcohol and cigarettes, both of which are presently legal.
Alcohol was always a balancing act between inebriation and sickness for me.

·
Premium Member
10,439 Posts
... because if I decide to buy some I would rather not be able to be tracked or end up on a list. You never know how that shit might be used against you down the road.
Don't leave a trail.
When it’s legal?

I would looove for it to be some elaborate entrapment scheme....oh, the millions I’ll make from suing the government! Why, I’ll be able to live like Omar Khadr!

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Everyday. For anxiety. I've been buying online from BC for a few years now. Good quality is not hard to find. I also noticed that I have 2 illegal dispensaries within walking distance of my house.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Legal now doesn't mean legal forever. Then there's the potential for backlash based on some people's negative attitudes towards it. I mean, I'm not a fan of being on marketing lists with info about normal places I might shop, Walmart etc, I certainly don't want Joe's Dope Emporium on that list. A far as I'm concerned, better to err on the side of caution...especially if all I have to do is pay cash.

P

·
0 Posts
When it’s legal?

I would looove for it to be some elaborate entrapment scheme....oh, the millions I’ll make from suing the government! Why, I’ll be able to live like Omar Khadr!
How about every time you drive by a cop their automatic license plate readers flag you as a risk and you get pulled over. Or you get pulled over for speeding and when the cop runs your drivers license you show up on the "pot list" and he hassles you accordingly... You apply for a job or a promotion within and they find you on the list. You get sick and your insurance won't cover you because of a pot clause hidden in your policy.

Hassles and you have no evidence or recourse.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts