1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Not anymore. I did as a teenager.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
I could never do that. If it was good music I’d have to stay up and listen to it and if it was crap I’d have to get out of bed and smash something. Sometimes when I’m asleep I’ll be playing really great kick ass lead solos but I can’t seem to play them when I wake up. I probably sold a lot recerds in the place that I go to when I’m asleep.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
No.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually have the radio on low when I go to sleep. I did it when I was a teenager, but then stopped for a long time. I started again several years ago and still do it. It's probably a bad habit but I don't care.

·
Registered
14,585 Posts
I could never do that. If it was good music I’d have to stay up and listen to it and if it was crap I’d have to get out of bed and smash something. Sometimes when I’m asleep I’ll be playing really great kick ass lead solos but I can’t seem to play them when I wake up. I probably sold a lot recerds in the place that I go to when I’m asleep.
Ditto--sort of the same for waking up to music--but if I am already awake--then hey--why not...
And hey--you're a legend somewhere...

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
If I get to bed before the wife then always. I usually put on Fender's 50th Anniversary with Gilmour. I'm usually asleep before Marooned finishes. It's my adult lullaby.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Like others, in my teens and into my 20s. Relied on the tone arm to automatically lift and shut off, or the reel-to-reel to end and stop. My wife broke me of the habit.

Used to, back when the turntable would shut itself off when it was done.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
my wife bought one of those whine noise generators for our kid when she was a baby...you could choose between 7-8 sounds...like jungle noises, ocean waves, a hissing sound etc. Didn't end up using it very much.
when I have trouble sleeping I take a melatonin.

sometimes I fall asleep in front of the tv. old reruns are good for that, as you aren't active listening as much.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ear bud Headphones in iPad..check
Spotify...select artist...check
Set timer...check
Hope my brain absorbs some licks while I need off...double check
One can always dream.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
no, like others, i am too active as a listener. however, i used to like to fall asleep listening to thunderstorms or beach sounds or a japanese pond with a shishi odoshi.
it would really help me relax during times when my mind was busy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
No ! When I go to bed, I fall dead asleep !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts