The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a fricken clue. Sadly, neither does the cop --- since he isn't in that 0.01% of the population that watches fake sports. Bummer for you, dumbass.

Sometimes, as a gearhead guitar player, I gotta remember that a large majority of the general public doesn't have a clue what I'm/we're on about. Hell, many guitarist I know don't really care about the crap I/we do. But this moron takes the cake. She actually thinks she's relevant to the general population. Maybe at home, but you ain't in Arkansas anymore, Toto.

·
Premium Member
16,682 Posts
I saw the clip on the news last night.

Man, how many self-important douchebags have tried that?

Yeah, I know who you are. You’re the person I just clocked at 30 Kmph over the posted limit.

The fine is $160.

Canada is what? Terrible?

We’ll make that USD for your convenience.

·
Premium Member
16,682 Posts
You guys are such marks ^)@#

She's a heel character
It's all a work
She grabbed the occasion to build her persona and get more heat
Why else would she have recorded this and posted it?
And you're all falling for it :rolleyes:
You didn't know who she was? Now you do

Falling for what? If making yourself look like a complete asshole is the goal, fill your boots. It won’t result in added revenue from me.

·
Registered
13,753 Posts

She's a heel character
It's all a work
Just a muscle pig from south of the 49th. Send her back to Paris Island.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts

She's a heel character
It's all a work
I think that's a fair point. Why would anyone record the interaction with the officer, especially when so many officers are obliged to wear body cams. And why would anyone object so strenuously and overtly to an otherwise calm interaction with an officer? Finally, given that the officer appears to have been VERY Canadian in his comportment, what exactly is there to post, or what could motivate posting? Was she severely mistreated? Did the officer misbehave in any discernible manner? So I think Business is likely onto something. Not that the entire incident merits more attention than 10 minutes.

Pro wrestling is fun. Just don't mistake it for reality.

·
Premium Member
12,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

She's a heel character
It's all a work
Yes, that is certainly a possibility. Many in the media have championed this angle in a world full of fake clickbait.

But it ain't working for her. I woke up this morning not remembering her name. Still doesn't come to me. But it certainly puts the very professional RCMP officer (and therefore the police force) in a good light. Maybe they got ahold of it and posted it - it does more for their reputation than either hers or the World Wildlife Federation. That's what WWF stands for, right? ;)

Who is Lacey Evans?
I thought it was Macey?

·
Registered
13,753 Posts
I think that's a fair point. Why would anyone record the interaction with the officer, especially when so many officers are obliged to wear body cams. And why would anyone object so strenuously and overtly to an otherwise calm interaction with an officer? Finally, given that the officer appears to have been VERY Canadian in his comportment, what exactly is there to post, or what could motivate posting? Was she severely mistreated? Did the officer misbehave in any discernible manner? So I think Business is likely onto something. Not that the entire incident merits more attention than 10 minutes.

Pro wrestling is fun. Just don't mistake it for reality.
Stampede wrestling as they had in Calgary and Vancouver with the likes of Gene Kiniskey and Don Leo Jonathan was fun. What they have now is a joke.

·
Registered
13,753 Posts
Yes, that is certainly a possibility. Many in the media have championed this angle in a world full of fake clickbait.

But it ain't working for her. I woke up this morning not remembering her name. Still doesn't come to me. But it certainly puts the very professional RCMP officer (and therefore the police force) in a good light. Maybe they got ahold of it and posted it - it does more for their reputation than either hers or the World Wildlife Federation. That's what WWF stands for, right? ;)

I thought it was Macey?
World's Worst Fakes. Now it's World's Worst Entertainment. Seems the DFC is now saying it was all scripted. The RCMP are reported as saying it wasn't. "HuffPost Canada confirmed with the RCMP that the video is showing a legitimate traffic stop by an officer carrying out his duties, but the police service would not comment further."
According to wikipedia her real name is macey. her ring name is lacey.
It was fun in the coked up, juiced to the gills, over the top late 80's and early 90's

View attachment 271896
A bunch of us used to watch it in Van. in the early 70's. No drugs, just alcohol and little old ladies with umbrellas.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
Stampede wrestling as they had in Calgary and Vancouver with the likes of Gene Kiniskey and Don Leo Jonathan was fun. What they have now is a joke.
I had the pleasure of attending "le match du siecle" at the Montreal Forum between Don Leo Jonathan and Giant Jean Ferre (Andre the Giant's wrestling name at the time) in the early '70s. The second-billing match was a tag-team match between The Hollywood Blondes and local heros Billy Two-Rivers and Chief War Eagle. Quite the evening.

For me, there's not much in contemporary wrestling that matches the sheer poetry of Edouard Carpentier doing a backflip off the turnbuckle, whacking "the bad guy", and holding the temporarily disoriented enemy's chin in his hand, while cocking his other hand back in a ready-to-strike pose, and turning to the spectators in consultation for a thumbs-up or thumbs-down vote. Those guys understood the poetry of a flawlessly-orchestrated revenge

1 - 20 of 52 Posts