The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
According to two friends, I do have a "guitar-face" when I play, but it's more of a zoning out blankness. Not when I play live, but in a setting of info exchange. I don't fully understand it, but two guys who have never met each other both say I do it. And they both hate it immensely! I'm not allowed to talk and play, or play while they're talking. I should video it to find out what they're on about.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Interesting question !
I show quite a neutral poker face on most of my videos : I did recorded them when I became quite fluent ((I would not say good !) at playing a fingerstyle instrumental.

I am a bit more expressive when I am still learning how to play a tune : I would react to more difficult sections or bag notes.

Curiously, I was quite poker face on video of a duplex interview. Curiously, I say, because in my actual life I would express myself as much with my body and face gesture as my words.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
If you have ever seen David Wilcox tilt his head back and watch his eyeballs roll to the whites you knew he was going to launch into something special.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
I've noticed most players especially YouTubers make face's when playing. Not sure if I do or not. I'm not consciously aware of it if I am.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Watching vids of myself, my relaxed face looks like an uninterested scowl.
I'm consciously trying to smile.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
There was a Guitar Player article with Carlos Santana from I believe back in the 70's where he said it's absolutely necessary to orgasm faces (guitar faces) while playing guitar.

I just hope he wasn't doing both at the same time....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts