The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my Ashdown bass amp today to a super nice guy. I talked myself out of selling it for years. It was the first bass amp that I bought new and have had it in my jam space for 10 years. It has had some great players, great tunes, and memories pumped through its 15" speaker.

The good news of course is that it's jamming days will live on! The new owner will use it as a stage amp for bassists at a lounge that he is opening in the neighboring hamlet just east of the city. How cool is that? Gonna have to go down for some beers when the place opens and maybe hit up an open jam.

Peace.

Reactions: Sneaky

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Not really, no. There's a couple of things I would buy again if I could, but I don't really miss anything.

"Out of sight, out of mind" applies.

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I don't think I ever got sentimental over anything of a material nature. Funny, because I am sentimental but it's more about people and memories.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I don't think I ever got sentimental over anything of a material nature. Funny, because I am sentimental but it's more about people and memories.
Actually, that is where my sentiment lies in material things. I tend to hang on to things that belonged to past loved ones, especially those things that were built or crafted by them.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I get some sentiment when I sell something that may have some great experiences attached to it. I just sold my Les Paul and felt a twinge, as I had fun playing it at times and playing it brought me many hours of enjoyment.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
to be completely honest, i regret 99% of everything i ever sold. but that's because all of those things were sold because i had no money at that time, but still had bills to pay. had i not been in that situation, i never woulda sold that stuff. i suppose the one i regret selling the most was the ibanez artist. i sold it so i could gift my step son for his graduation. the ingrate never said thank you, and never acknowledged or appreciated what i did for him.

the other side of the coin is, later replacing them when i was flush meant that i got to try more new things.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
I miss looking at my Gibson ES339 VS, '59 neck. Then I pick up my SG with a 60s neck and I remember why I traded off the ES339. It's that small hand with stubby fingers and a dwarf pinky.

Reactions: jdto
1 - 12 of 12 Posts