The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or do you think this is a topic better left to the great thinkers of the world?

Would anyone care to discuss this?

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
Nope. Just as long as the muffins have a great amount of chocolate...chocolate chips, M&Ms, Reese's Peanutbutter Cups etc.....they all are OK. Personally I have about 10 different recipes I use depending on how I feel. 11 if I decide to go back cooking with pot. That being said I haven't actually tried using any other recipe than those from the English world. If any one has say a Swiss or Dutch or Danish recipe I'll give it a try. BTW using a premaid mix such as Betty Crocker's doesn't count. They taste good but you're not saving any time. And even tho I did use it at times in the 70's for muffins and brownies, Carob doesn't count either.

·
Registered
24,521 Posts
One of the things I miss about my former job and workplace was the morning glory muffins the place downstairs from work had. All those seeds...yum. Sadly, with all those government workers now working from home, instead of in the downtown core, the sandwich/coffee shop chain that made them has folded in many locations, so now I can't even drive downtown to score some.

·
Premium Member
16,971 Posts
I wonder if its under/over 100 without subsitutions.

I for one love most muffind that involve chocolate to any degree.

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
I dont disagree.

I wonder what kind of chocolate compliments pumpkin. Cant say Ive ever tried the combo.
About the only thing that compliments a pumpkin is a candle tho if you cook the Mini pumpkins the same way you do an acorn squash they are not too bad. That being said any chocolate compliments bacon. Now there's an idea, a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup muffin with crunchy bacon pieces. Could be another recipe.
Seems like others have had the same idea.

·
Registered
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About the only thing that compliments a pumpkin is a candle tho if you cook the Mini pumpkins the same way you do an acorn squash they are not too bad. That being said any chocolate compliments bacon. Now there's an idea, a Reese's Peanutbutter Cup muffin with crunchy bacon pieces. Could be another recipe.
Seems like others have had the same idea.
Pralines compliment pumpkin very well.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
But what do you do with all the stumps?

The amount of muffin recipes is as infinite as the cosmos themselves. Maybe we are really just all molecules in a far off alien races muffin mix.

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
Hmm, I've never made muffins--but I have baked.
And I've eaten muffins.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts