The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly all the roofers I have met drink to excess. Is that the norm?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Most of the ones I know abuse drugs to a greater extent than the general population. In fact, it is so common that if I meet someone who does that for a living I simply assume that they abuse drugs.

·
Registered
11,702 Posts
Most of the ones I know abuse drugs to a greater extent than the general population. In fact, it is so common that if I meet someone who does that for a living I simply assume that they abuse drugs.
I imagine assuming is a big part of your life

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Most of the roofers I’ve met have criminal records so there probably is some correlation there :D

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I do not know... When I was a teenager, my father who was not a drinker, used to drink beer while painting the house with those oily paints we had then : he would say it cut the bad taste you would otherwise have in mouth the rest of the day. I once tried : convinced me !
If the roofers you talk about are those who melt joints, I could understand.
What about guys making the road pavement ?
Those who changed the paper on my roof last year were drinking water though.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
even more than drywallers?
I am going to say this. Sub trades like roofing and drywall have traditionally where ( ya I am generalizing ) lesser educated, legally compromised and troubled otherwise can get a start and continue what can be a half decent wage. Pretty easy to get a labourer job to start learning those trades. Personally I have a hard time getting through a drywall job with out some " help " ... I get bored ( been doing it off and on for a long time )

·
Registered
11,702 Posts
We like to consider ourselves civilized ;)
excellent point, sometimes when I'm pissing in a bucket just around the corner from all the non-civilized trades I think about all the culture I'm up on while the plebs wallow in the cheap laughs of last nights Big Bang Theory

1 - 20 of 30 Posts