The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if guitar shops sell "Learn to Shred" books. Because this is the next thing I am ready to learn.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right. Im going to head down to my LMS and ask for books on shredding :D on monday.
It would be awesome if i could find a book that covers
-legato shred
-sweep picking
-alternate picking
-sweep tapping
-double hand tapping

and other types of general shred.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
SCREEM said:
you don't really need books just countless hours of boring practice and sore hands :D
yeah you can't really learn how ot shred from a book, it's just a lot of practise on fundamentals.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I disagree, one minute doing something new is like an hour doing what you already know......

and the best thing one can do to improve is act on the advice one gives others....so....I got some practicing to do.

Actually started yesterday programming melodic minor fingerings into muscle memory......

"sheets of sound" is a great book of rut buster licks......it seems all jazz (which is cool by me) until you listen to how a few guys adapted the lines for metal
http://www.sheetsofsound.net/audio.htm

now, no more posts, I gotta practice:rockon2:

Andy

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Shred seems to consist of blistering fast arpeggios up and down the neck, tapping has some nice tonal qualities but don't forget about the melody....
Constant shredding makes most people lose interest real fast. Find some nice melody hooks and people will be humming them on the way home. Just my opinion. But to those who will... shred on. :rockon2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts