The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
I'm under old-school fluorescent lighting all day. Is it killing me? I've been real tired lately for no reason :eek:

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
My wife hates them. I think the new daylight bulbs are much better than the old ones. I had a friend to who a brain tumour and he said they bothered him. I think they bother some people more than others. I don't think they ever affected me that I know of.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
They give me migraines. I refuse to be in an environment where they are used.

·
Premium Member
11,556 Posts
I also have extreme light sensitivity in my eyes, so that doesn't help.
so do I.
I wouldn't say they drain my energy, but brighter lights irritate me.
we've got dimmers all around our house.

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so do I.
I wouldn't say they drain my energy, but brighter lights irritate me.
we've got dimmers all around our house.
I have complete achromatopsia, so I have no ability filter light of any kind. I wear red contacts and sunglasses over top, but it's now at a point wear the contacts do nothing.

I'm kind of in trouble.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
They give me migraines. I refuse to be in an environment where they are used.
You have made me curious now. With different lighting systems on the market now, fluorescents are not as popular as they once were. How do you get around them at work, shopping, etc?

·
Registered
12,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have made me curious now. With different lighting systems on the market now, fluorescents are not as popular as they once were. How do you get around them at work, shopping, etc?
I've seen migraine lenses that you slip onto normal glasses that are supposed to help. I'm assuming you can get them as normal glasses as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts