The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

One thing I noticed seems missing here is a spot for DIY amps/cabs.

Is this allowed here?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hey. I try to do everything myself. Watcha got goin on??

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
It would be nice to have some info on this. I have built a tweed champ, but that's about it. I'm better with cabs and the like.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Luckily I speakensy French. Interesting website. Will have to read it all if my wife ever shuts up (no offence intended to any women on the site). Gotta go....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm going to be building a jacked up jcm800 into an old Fender Super Twin Reverb chassis that I've got. The amp as it is isn't worth the time or effort to restore and I thought considering it was converted into a head setup it might make a neat project with a marshall inside. It should make people ask a few questions.

I've also got plans this summer to build an 18watt marshall clone (actually mine will be around a 36watt as I am using 4 EL84's instead) and either a JTM45 or a plexi knock off as well. I've got to get over and bend up a chassis for that one. For the 18watt clone, I've got an old solid state head that will work perfect for it.

I also have a High Octane amp almost finished, but it seems to get pushed to the back all the time.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Just in case you haven't seen the threads,

It's mostly (if not all) in french but there's some pics... :smile:
Great stuff Jcayer! Gotta love using real wood finish over Tolex :smile:

Well guys, I have two that I've done. One is an 18 watt 6V6GT PP head and the other, a single-ended 6V6GT practise amp combo that is IMO, just the neatest little thing (chassis done, cab assembly in progress).

Rather than steal you guys over to my forum, I can start independent threads on them here ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts