The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
DIY Guitar Kits
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is our SOLO Music Gear DIY Guitar Kits... we have a large selection and always adding new lines.

I will be showcasing a few on this post to give an idea of some of the styles that we carry.
Please visit our website to see the full list of products and detailed information about them.
SOLO Music Gear - www.solomusicgear.com

You can also visit our FaceBook page to see what some of our customers are creating.

Just to be clear with something, these are our lines that we manufacture from China.
All head-stocks are designed by us, and they are not copies of the originals.

For more inquiries please respond to this thread or call 1-800-632-SOLO (7656)

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
I'm almost kicking myself for the hollowbody I orderred from the US US recently (haven't started work on it) - good price but with shipping and dollar conversion it was just less than double what you were charging, though it does have some custom options that made me take the plunge. Speaking of, I see only full kits on your site, and for most of my own projects I would like to have the option of picking my own hardware and even sometimes doing my own routing (e.g. in the hollowbody I wanted one nonstandard size pickup only vs the usual 2 standard buckers) - other kit suppliers have these options as well as wood choice - are you planning on any of that? Also these are all sealed so no oil finishes possible?

I would totally go with you on my next project if there was some flexibility this stuff. I'm sure many others feel this way too. I see body and neck only sections on your site are coming soon so that is promising.

PS: Typo found "OUT BEST SELLERS" on your home page

·
DIY Guitar Kits
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm almost kicking myself for the hollowbody I orderred from the US US recently (haven't started work on it) - good price but with shipping and dollar conversion it was just less than double what you were charging, though it does have some custom options that made me take the plunge. Speaking of, I see only full kits on your site, and for most of my own projects I would like to have the option of picking my own hardware and even sometimes doing my own routing (e.g. in the hollowbody I wanted one nonstandard size pickup only vs the usual 2 standard buckers) - other kit suppliers have these options as well as wood choice - are you planning on any of that? Also these are all sealed so no oil finishes possible?

I would totally go with you on my next project if there was some flexibility this stuff. I'm sure many others feel this way too. I see body and neck only sections on your site are coming soon so that is promising.

PS: Typo found "OUT BEST SELLERS" on your home page
Thank you for your comments... we are totally getting ready Early Dec for the Bodies and Necks only... and some set hardware packs
But I think to be honest and fair, it will be mid next year before we get into the upgraded Bodies and Hardware... but it is all in the works currently, just need to take some steps and time to get there.
They are sealed, however with some sanding you can for sure do oil finishes...if you look at some of the work from people on or Facebook, you will see all different finishes thats been done.

Thank you for pointing the typo out, cant believe we missed that all this time---its fixed :)

·
DIY Guitar Kits
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea when you'll have the Firebird bass kit?
Hi, I believe thats another typo, and that bass should be Thunderbird... and we have that coming in late Nov.
If you like you can add your email to the waitlist on that product page, and once its updated it will send you an email right away.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Congratulations on great kits and welcome to the forum.
Is it possible to come to your Toronto location and choose and purchase directly on site?

thank you very much in advance
Sincerely yours
Bojan

·
DIY Guitar Kits
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations on great kits and welcome to the forum.
Is it possible to come to your Toronto location and choose and purchase directly on site?

thank you very much in advance
Sincerely yours
Bojan
Hi Bojan, you can absolutely come to our location and choose what you like.
You can pay on site with CC, debit, or cash or I can send you a PayPal invoice as well.

We are there Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm
But please give us a heads up prior to coming by

Thank you
Ara

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hi Bojan, you can absolutely come to our location and choose what you like.
You can pay on site with CC, debit, or cash or I can send you a PayPal invoice as well.

We are there Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm
But please give us a heads up prior to coming by

Thank you
Ara
Great new Ara,
I will definitely give you a shout and pay you a visit sometimes in September.
yours truly
Bojan

·
DIY Guitar Kits
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was nice to see a few lefty options available. There sure is a lot of basswood though. Where's the alder? Where's the ash?
Hi, first I like to say that the basswood was mainly to have a set price point that would accommodate most buyers. We can essnetially do any of the options, but most times it goes into custom build options and the price reflects accordingly.

Having said that, in our next manufacturing cycle which is set to arrive late November, we have the following options getting added on... and later in time more PRO series higher end models will be added.
Strat and Tele in Alder
SB in Ash, and this is in stock already, but adding a couple of new lines SB in white ash
Bass Guitars - Jazz, SB, and Ibanez styles coming in Ash
and Just the Start body coming in Alder as well

Also I like to let you know that we have added 2 new lines of left handed: ES35 and LP, that will be in the same time
As long as all these pass QC, they will be here...and hopefully you'll have a look and let us know what you think.

Thank you
Ara

·
DIY Guitar Kits
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.