The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I witnessed the ultimate in distracted driving yesterday.

I was behind a car that I could tell was not paying attention, reaction times were way slow. I let it drive me nuts for a while cause I was in the lane I wanted, but before long I couldn't take any more and I pulled out and passed. What I saw stunned me so bad I forgot to get a picture of it. (no nudity or sexual activity - sorry)

Two women, about 40 to 50 years old, driver & passenger, playing cards. They were each hold a "hand" of fanned out cards, and I'm positive I saw a crib board on the consul between them. Yappin up a storm too.
I couldn't believe it. o_O

·
Registered
11,110 Posts

I was behind a car that I could tell was not paying attention, reaction times were way slow. I let it drive me nuts for a while cause I was in the lane I wanted, but before long I couldn't take any more and I pulled out and passed. What I saw stunned me so bad I forgot to get a picture of it. (no nudity or sexual activity - sorry)

Two women, about 40 to 50 years old, driver & passenger, playing cards. They were each hold a "hand" of fanned out cards, and I'm positive I saw a crib board on the consul between them. Yappin up a storm too.
There must be an app for that.....................................

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,722 Posts
Saw a women on avenue road so engrossed in her cell conversation that she slowed to a stop in the middle of the street and cars going round her an all.

Gardner a few weeks ago some asshole in the left lane weaving and doing 70-80 if that in a crapped out carolla and everyone passing him on the right at about 120. So I blow by him kinda close at a good clip; he’s got his passenger window open so the draft from an F150 going by should get his attention but nope - as I cut in front of him I look in the mirror and he didn’t even look up as I went by and changed lanes in front of him - too busy texting.

·
Premium Member
19,582 Posts
I guess we’re becoming more aware of just how bad distracted driving really is.

Eating a sloppy hamburger is distracted driving. I’ve seen a big rig driver eating a bowl of something while he steered with his legs.

Freaking assholes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was in a long line of cars waiting to pass someone who was driving around 40 in an 80 zone. I eventually got up and was able to pass - was a lady with a novel open on the steering wheel.

Hope it was a good read.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts

You got them pegged.
[

I was in a long line of cars waiting to pass someone who was driving around 40 in an 80 zone. I eventually got up and was able to pass - was a lady with a novel open on the steering wheel.

Hope it was a good read.
I have a friend who would do that--we would actually pass each other going opposite directions in the morning--he never noticed me because he was engrossed in his book.

Reactions: johnnyshaka

·
Premium Member
19,582 Posts
This is the biggest reason I support the adoption of autonomous driving cars.

Personally, I enjoy driving, but clearly there are a great many who don’t and for whom driving is a task or a burden.

Those people seem to need a distraction from the terrible reality of driving and because of this, they have no business doing so.

Autonomous drving is pretty much here. It’s not going to drop on us overrnight. It has been coming in incremental steps for many years (ABS, cruise control, lane departure warnings and intervention, intuitive cruise control et cetera).

I for one will be glad and relieved when people who don’t want to drive, are no longer doing so. They need to be taken out of the equation so those of us who accept the responsibility can drive more safely.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
And that's why I prefer to avoid major thoroughfares. One tends to see the very worst in human nature in those places.
Nope. not in Ottawa. This takes place on the side roads. Case in point. I'm driving on an urban road which has two lanes going south. Driver in the left hand lane doing 10 below the speed limit. I'm starting the catch up to him but before I can pass, he accelerates suddenly, cuts into the right hand lane and brakes to make a right turn. He saw me coming but instead of letting me pass, his solution was to make sure he got in front of me only to slow me down to make his turn. Don't tell me this wasn't distracted driving, it was deliberate.

·
Premium Member
19,582 Posts
Nope. not in Ottawa. This takes place on the side roads. Case in point. I'm driving on an urban road which has two lanes going south. Driver in the left hand lane doing 10 below the speed limit. I'm starting the catch up to him but before I can pass, he accelerates suddenly, cuts into the right hand lane and brakes to make a right turn. He saw me coming but instead of letting me pass, his solution was to make sure he got in front of me only to slow me down to make his turn. Don't tell me this wasn't distracted driving, it was deliberate.
Happens everywhere.

·
Premium Member
19,582 Posts
What's with driving with a lap dog?

I mean, I have dogs but they're tethered in the back.
Yeah it’s kind of sad and shocking that people still drive around with dogs running loose in the car.

Really? You love your pet, but don’t mind him getting decapitated when you have to slam your brakes on?

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
It doesn't help that the cops are just as bad. Last week there was a ton of traffic piled up on the Qew between Hamilton and Burlington. The cause? Frigging asshole cop doing 80 in the fast lane and all the scardie cats afraid to pass him or go around him. Then once he gets past Guelph line he swerves from the fast lane to the right shoulder without looking or signalling. Almost caused a pile up.

Reactions: jdto and 1SweetRide

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
It doesn't help that the cops are just as bad. Last week there was a ton of traffic piled up on the Qew between Hamilton and Burlington. The cause? Frigging asshole cop doing 80 in the fast lane and all the scardie cats afraid to pass him or go around him. Then once he gets past Guelph line he swerves from the fast lane to the right shoulder without looking or signalling. Almost caused a pile up.
Keep in mind that a lot of these "cops" are special constables or civilians transporting police cars for service, repair, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
I don't care if he was transporting the Pope himself, there was no reason for him to be in the passing lane doing 20 under the limit with no intentions of passing anyone. All he is doing is teaching the tards that it is ok to drive 20 under in the left lane.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts