The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Should be the Pickering Yorkville plant (at least up until a few years ago that was the Traynor factory and Service centre for all Yorkville products) . Neat that they did an episode on this.

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I am surprised they let the PCBs flex so much during assembly. That's just asking for hairline-broken traces.
The thickness of the copper trace must allow for this. They will know the amount of trace failures by the QC rejection rate and warranty claims.
I was also surprised by that amount of flex, but it must be common throughout at least some parts of the electronics industry.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
The thickness of the copper trace must allow for this. They will know the amount of trace failures by the QC rejection rate and warranty claims.
I was also surprised by that amount of flex, but it must be common throughout at least some parts of the electronics industry.
I was thinking maybe they are trying to induce early failure to weed out the weak boards. The amp will vibrate a lot as well, better find the problem in the factory instead of field.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Pickering you say? I live there and didn't even know about this! Very interesting! Thx for sharing.
When you are going eastbound on the 401 you should see it on your right soon have you go over the Rouge River

Reactions: Lola

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Pickering you say? I live there and didn't even know about this!

Very interesting! Thx for sharing.
Living in Scarborough during late high school, litterally 2 401 exists away from the factory, we used to head out there in the dead of a weekend night to dumpster dive. They'd throw out all sorts of perfectly good things; speakers for example. Now they have security that prevents that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts