The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whilst perusing the Pettyjohn website this weekend I stumbled across two incredible guitarists doing demos - Shawn Tubbs and Linda Taylor.

[Edit]
Just adding some links:
(I promise that I'm not schlepping for PettyJohn, it's just that's where I found them.)

Shawn Tubbs
0:19 - 1:58
Linda Taylor
0:00 - 2:26
[Edit]

I'm just floored (and a bit depressed) at their talent. Taylor, apparently, can play anything in any style and never need to glance at the fretboard. Tubbs is as precise as Malmsteen but 100 times more musical! I've been impressed with everything I've heard them play. Right up there with Tim Pierce and Pete Thorn.

I'm sure most of you already know about these gems, but it's been a banner weekend for me and new inspiration! Back to YouTube I go!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I own the Visual Sound VS/XO that Tubbs did a very good (probably the best) demo for. He's great. Very tasty. I'll have to check out Linda Taylor....

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me it's Shawn Tubbs' demo of the Fuze. In fact, that's my goal right now - I'm going to learn what he played note for note. I don't care how long it'll take. And when I do learn it I'm going to buy that Fuze.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Tubbs is good for sure. I just discovered him fairly recently as well. Gotta admit that I've stolen a couple licks already. Will check Linda out too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts