The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not like I invented this or anything but I made one for my JamMan and it's really handy so I thought I'd share here.

The "problem" with the JamMan is when you want to save a loop, you have to 1: stop playing, 2: bend down and push that tiny save button. There is no footswitch to save (a frequent action). With this simple trick there is no need to do either. You can save on-the-fly and/or save after you're done playing without bending over.

Slice an eraser at the 2/3 mark +- and crazy glue the small bit to the larger bit (measure first for fit).
Dig out a round hole to tightly fit the thing onto the rhythm level knob (which I never use anyway). The "eraser" then sits over the save button and "stomping" on it then saves your loop. A neat trick that'll cost you next to nothing.

thumbnail_IMG_1513.jpg

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
Don't you just love it when low-tech trumps high-tech?

Kudos.

My first personal computer was an Acorn Atom. Great little machine, and a bit ahead of the curve in a number of ways...except for one: the keyboard layout. The Break key (roughly equivalent to stop-everything-and-start-all-over-again) was situated in a dangerous place, where folks with bigger or minimally clumsy fingers could easily hit it when scrolling or backspacing with the delete key. The manufacturer's recommendation? Stick a piece of cardboard between the break key and the chassis so that it wasn't easily pushed down unless you really wanted to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts