The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One can sometimes find something like this (used) for $5,000.00 -$10,000.00 or so. Such an amazing instrument with such a huge sound!

I fully understand the concept of "supply and demand", however the level of craftsmanship, the nature and precision of the materials/components needed to build something like this is extremely significant....especially when compared to something like a "custom shop" Tele (no offence to Tele lovers).

I would love to have one of these solely for the inherent artistic beauty and to just hear the acoustic tone of the notes. (I don't play the piano)

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Kijiji is filled with used, often antique pianos for dirt cheap and often free. If you know enough about pianos to recognize a small issue from a serious problem the only other problem would be the expense of moving it. Of course, most piano owners hardly ever spend the money to keep them tuned.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Yeah my first thought was tuning that piano would involve using a half inch drive or maybe an impact gun.

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my first thought was tuning that piano would involve using a half inch drive or maybe an impact gun.
Kijiji is filled with used, often antique pianos for dirt cheap and often free. If you know enough about pianos to recognize a small issue from a serious problem the only other problem would be the expense of moving it. Of course, most piano owners hardly ever spend the money to keep them tuned.
Don't be so negative. Cheer up!
Think in terms of art and sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts