The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have one of the first model American made Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 and it’s an amp I love... I’m thinking about getting something different like a Vox AC15 or something like that or maybe another fender amp of some sort... I’m wondering if there is any difference between the blues junior and hot rod deville besides size? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a few differences. The Hot Rod uses 6L6 tubes the Blues Jr. uses EL84 tubes. There is a 45 watt difference, fx loop, 2 channels, standby all in favour of the Hot Rod.

After having a Blues Deluxe Reissue and a Blues Jr. you really can't go wrong with either, but if I had to choose one it would be the Blues Jr.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks guys! What’s your opinions on the ac10 amps? I’m hopeing to find a good deal on a AC15 but am considering getting a new ac10 if I can’t if I like after I try it that is... but I’d love to hear your opinions!

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Ok thanks guys! What’s your opinions on the ac10 amps? I’m hopeing to find a good deal on a AC15 but am considering getting a new ac10 if I can’t if I like after I try it that is... but I’d love to hear your opinions!
They come up pretty often in the Halifax area(ac15s and 10s), and if you're able to get to Halifax at some point, I'm sure one of us here wouldn't mind picking it up for you if you find one.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
AC10 sound decent. I was really hedging on one for $400 local but I had just bought a new amp. I have played one in a store and I just can't believe they don't have heat issue's the way they are built. Very little venting. Sound very nice though ,just suitable for home use in my opinion..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RBlakeney thanks and that’s very kind of you to offer! I don’t get up there much myself but members of my family are always going back and forth usually, if it comes to that I will let you know. I’m talking to someone locally that I might be able to get one from I’m just waiting to hear back. Dying for a new toy! God damn this GAS. Hahaha

Reactions: RBlakeney

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ac15 is a good small gig amp. Played one for a while when I didn't want to drag my ad30. It had a greenback and had very sweet tones for a few styles.

Have you tried a deville 4x10? Always loved that config.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Difference between a 212 Deville and a BJr? About 60 lbs and a chiropractor's appointment. And what @vadsy said.

I'd go with a Vox, to get some variety.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha yea I think I am going to stick with the Vox. The blues junior I was interested in was the tweed looking one with a Jensen speaker I figured it’d be a bit different then I was thinking I could just do something similar to my Hot Rod Deville 212 and change the speakers with a more tweed style and holding on to the originals incase I want to go back. But im deffently feeling the Vox. I had an ac30 a while ago and only got rid of it cause of the offer I got at the time.. and now I’ve been missing it for a while. Lol. I love fender clean tones but what I love about the Vox is it has a different kind of clean but keeps a nice chime and that to it if you know what I mean, and plus it has a legendary overdrive that I liked to play with when I wasn’t feeling my Marshall dsl40c.

Reactions: keto
1 - 13 of 13 Posts