The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
I think it depends on how amicably they split, and how much in contact the couple stayed themselves.
My cousin and his wife got separated a couple years ago, soon to be divorced....we honestly couldn’t tell until they told us. They still came to each other’s family occasions, but were never physically affectionate to begin with. I can’t imagine a smoother breakup (at least, on the outside). Both are very active in their kids lives.
So she will likely always be a part of our family....although the true test may be when they start getting seriously involved with other people.
In hindsight, there may have been a strong sign when she packed up th kids and moved to Sask for a new job (they were supposedly going to have a long distance relationship because he couldn’t leave his job here). It was hard on the kids and they came back 3 weeks later. But it seemed to be a turning point in their relationship.

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
Among the siblings in the family (7 of us), two of us are divorced. My sister's ex is not allowed around their daughter (has a court order not to contact her or my sister) so he's out of the picture. My ex still comes to some of my family's gatherings and is still accepted as part of the family. I think it comes down to what circumstances occurred and how bad the divorce is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts