The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
one of my buddy want to buy an little practice amp for his living room and he found that on the net:

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=lc15r

and

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=vc15-110

The VC15-110 will probably win the fight, 2 channels and fx loop it's a great feature for a little amp! But just to be sure...;)

Did someone ever try those amps? And what is the difference between them? The look almost the same, there's one with reverb but for the rest? Whick one is the best for using with distortion?

I know the better to do it's to try them but we always need tips from people who have a bigger experience thant us! ;)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The VC series is extremely similar to Vox AC series. They sound just like a Vox but they are apparently better built.

If you want to try some wicked sounding Vox amps try the new Lionheart series. They are well worth the money. Tone for days....

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
if i wanted a practise amp, i wouldnt be getting a tube amp lol.

that said, i practise with my jsx: i can, so i do.

traynor YCV20WR?

·
Premium Member
11,005 Posts
Can't comment specifically except to say that I have a Laney HardCore (60 watts) which serves me well when I don't want to haul around my much heavier tube amp. It's a solid state amp, solidly built, decent sounding, and cheap. It also gets daily use in my teaching studio.

Generally I like Laney amps. It's a shame they're not better known.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, I know a guy who gigs with a Laney LC-15 tube combo. Mean little amp. It's more like an angry Marshall to my ears - has a similar vibe to my Trinity 18, but edgier. A little more class-A sounding (so somewhat of a Vox-ish vibe too I suppose).

I haven't heard any of the VC series so I can't comment there.

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
slap a mesa V-twin or whatever in front of the YCV20 and wreak recto mayhem :D lol

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
No idea about that amp, but Laney makes amazing amplifiers. I'm a huge fan of the GH50L and the VH100R (aka GH50L with a clean channel and some seperate FX loops)... plan on getting a VH100R very soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts