The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently delt with a certain forum member (who shall remain nameless for now) bought a pedal off them, sent payment IMT as soon as i could ,and made a request for Xpresspost which I was given no indication that they would do otherwise until they said it was shipped and I asked for tracking #.
Then i was given the wrong tracking # and made several requests nicely for the right one ,and still do not have one, they have been online since and could easily have done so .
Personally when i ship something the first thing I do is send a tracking# to put the persons mind at ease and let them know I'm a good guy to deal with and they have no worries .So now I'm wondering if i got hosed ! What would you guys think In this same situation Im curious to know cheers!

I

·
0 Posts
I'd wait. Especially if he's done good business with other people on the forum. Might just be a busy time for him. Stuff happens. If it goes on 2 weeks and no pedal, then you worry.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See personally I try to get the person I'm selling to their tracking # as soon as I ship ,create some peace of mind on there end .

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hopefully whoever this is will read these posts and make it right. If not, we need to let others know and make sure this does not happen again. You are making the right call now. See what happens and let us know.
I agree.

I also send tracking numbers as soon as I ship and keep the lines of communication wide open. I'm a busy guy too so unless the seller is running a few Fortune 500 companies and is a single parent taking care of 12 kids, I think he/she can drop you a message and include the right tracking number.

My 2cents.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Sounds suspicious to me....especially since you did not mention that he has a stellar online transaction record. Wrong tracking number and no replies to email/pm's would get me nervous.

I would give him every chance to answer pm on any recent threads he has posted on. If you don't get a reply, send a firmly worded but polite email. This is the final litmus test as to whether the seller is interested in making things right.

It's happened to me recently over a pedal. Someone at the post office ripped off the parcel. Seller got the insurance money but was less than prompt in reimbursing me until I went thru the steps above. Because he was very active in buying and selling, my final email got his attention and I got reimbursed.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
hi
buying a pedal is synonymous with getting screwed- free yurself from little battery boxes n yull be fine:smile:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I just sent a tube to a member via Expedited and the thing got to him before the tracking number made it into the Canada Post system :D

According to their customer service, it can take 48 hours before the tracking number shows online. If there's a weekend in between, even longer.

Hope it all works out.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have good feedback here ,thats not the issue ,it's the slackness of communication of the seller .Is it so hard to return a email with a tracking # ,honestly I do think I'll get the pedal ,It's just the lack of respect for me as buyer thats what got me ! I mean if I gave someone a wrong tracking # by mistake ,Id get them the right one as soon as I could .Thats whats got me ,no respect for buyer.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
XPresspost tracking numbers arent exactly reliable as the UPS ones. I once had a similar situation where I got the wrong tracking number. It was simply because he was sending out a bunch of items and mixed a couple of numbers up. Just being online doesnt mean anything. He could have logged on from a place where the number was unavailable..............

·
Premium Member
10,991 Posts
I've always exchanged phone number, street address, and email address, as a show of good faith, and to allow swift communication. It doesn't ensure anything, but it indicates intent.

As for Canada Post, locally they seem great, but who knows what black hole exists between here and anywhere.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well guys I got the pedal ,all good works great ,just I wish I didnt have to fight for a tracking # which i still didn't get ! Anyways at least I got my peice of mind.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That awesome. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Now go mess around with that new toy!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts