The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
It is a great song. Judas Priest seems to change the arrangement on every tour, so you get a different version of the song every year. The SOD version is great too, in a very original way..........

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
It is a great song. Judas Priest seems to change the arrangement on every tour, so you get a different version of the song every year. The SOD version is great too, in a very original way..........

ahhh yes, the extended version. haven't heard that in an age.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
When I saw Priest a few years ago I fell in love with that tune too. Having never heard it before I simply couldn't believe it was a Joan Baez tune. (I grew up on the East Coast we didn't have FM radio where I was) Love that song!

·
Premium Member
16,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I saw Priest a few years ago I fell in love with that tune too. Having never heard it before I simply couldn't believe it was a Joan Baez tune. (I grew up on the East Coast we didn't have FM radio where I was) Love that song!
There's a very similar case with Joni Mitchell's "This Flight Tonight". Nazareth's version is fantastic and yet quite different than Joni's.

Both are great in their own ways.

I suppose it illustrates how a well written song can be interpreted in different ways and still work.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I suppose it illustrates how a well written song can be interpreted in different ways and still work.

I couldn't agree more and have always loved a really well done cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts