The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Going to do a depth mod an an M style amp. I see the mod with cap values from .0047 to .0022 to .001. What's the relationship of cap value to resonance frequency? For instance, is .0047 more low mids vs .0022 being more sub lows and .001 even lower? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
26,641 Posts
Clarify for me what you mean by "depth". The term is usually reserved for some modulation effect, like tremolo, vibrato, chorus, etc., but your language suggests something regarding a tonestack. You can understand why I'm confused. Gotta head out to pick up some things, so in the interim, if this IS a matter of tonestack values, I suggest you download the Duncan tonestack calculator and play around with values. A VERY handy utility that graphs out the impact of the proposed changes, and provides models of several different tonestack configurations.

TSC

·
Registered
211 Posts
Clarify for me what you mean by "depth". The term is usually reserved for some modulation effect, like tremolo, vibrato, chorus, etc., but your language suggests something regarding a tonestack. You can understand why I'm confused. Gotta head out to pick up some things, so in the interim, if this IS a matter of tonestack values, I suggest you download the Duncan tonestack calculator and play around with values. A VERY handy utility that graphs out the impact of the proposed changes, and provides models of several different tonestack configurations.

TSC
If im not mistaken the depth/resonance mods work like a presence control but instead of working the ultra high it works on the low lows. Just a pot and cap between the nfb resistor and the speaker output.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hmm.. so its a high pass filter in the nfb. Halving the capacitance would double the frequency(filter knee) , broadening the effect to reach double the frequency in the NFB circuit. Increasing the cap value will isolate the effect to a lower frequency range limit. So for the OP , no its backward from your example :)
Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts