The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All amps now gone...

🎼Did you ever have to finally decide?🎶

I acquired these in trade recently from one of our esteemed members. Your choice of either the custom colour Sonic Blue or Surf Green retro Fender Excelsior Pro amps. Unlike the regular run of Excelsior amps, the limited run of Pro line amps featured an expensive Eminence Legend 15 speaker upgrade, and came in custom colours as well. These affordable little 13 watt retro mid-century amps are a real bargain. Super sturdy amps that can crank out some serious 15” transducing ‘tude! Some light scuffing and nicks but they‘re in very clean condition and all work properly and sound... well, you know... properly. All come with factory hang tag. They’re a LOT of amp for the money. Here’s a great little review on them from Guitar Interactive Magazine...

https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-12/reviews/fender-excelsior-combo/#

The Excelsior Pro Amps at the 2013 NAMM Show...

Factory specs on these sonic blue, surf green Excelsior Pro amps...
  • 13-Watts
  • Single 15" Eminence Legend speaker
  • Bottom-loaded primary chassis and top-loaded control chassis for operating convenience and low noise
  • Powered by two 6V6 output tubes and two 12AX7 preamp tubes
  • Instrument, Microphone and Accordion (seriously?) inputs each with individually optimized circuitry
  • Tremolo circuit with speed control
  • Bright/dark tone switch (for treble or bass emphasis)
  • Volume control
  • 1/4 Internal speaker disconnect lets amp drive an external speaker enclosure
... $OLD

Please note: The dark brown and antique blush models shown in the following group pics are no longer available...

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A panel of world-renowned audiologists convened at the 2012 Vaduz Awesome Guitar Amplifier Summit in Lichtenstein. The panel met in order to discuss the merits of pure tone as it relates to the direction of amplifier cabinet front cutouts. Horizontal, vertical or diagonal? Round holes, and other preposterous biomorphic shapes were no longer being considered at the time, as they presented too much frenzy at the symposium, and chairs were flung about as a result.

To the shock of many academics and honorary rock stars in attendance, the horizontal cutout front panel shapes [as evidenced on the amps I am currently selling], were considered the most pleasing aesthetically, also having a notably profound influence on the timbral quality of an instrument played through them. One panel member went so far as to say, “The musician employing the use of such an amplifier, will no doubt experience an ephemeral, elevated metamorphosis. An amplifier which employs three horizontal cutouts of divine proportion in its front panel, is unquestionably the most transcendent manifestation of the Aristotelian Golden Mean.

How could you not want all of these... right now!

The attending panel shown prior to the amplifier‘s appearance onstage minutes later. The atmosphere was electric with anticipation

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I own one of the original brown ones and it is my favourite sound!
It’s my one and only amp going on a few years now
Good luck with the sale!

Nathan

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Also own a brown one. I've gigged with it and rehearsed with it. These are very well made amps. Very simple too. Want a fender sound on a 15in speaker, this is it. And for the price you pay for it, no brainer.
GLWS!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You GO girls! Hmmm... seems like the Surfrajettes appear to be missing a sonic blue Excelsior Pro amp in their line up.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dark brown one is gone. C’mon members... step up! Let’s ROCK those custom colours!

Chromophobia (also known as chromatophobia or chrematophobia) is a persistent, irrational fear of, or aversion to, colors and is usually a conditioned response. While actual clinical phobias to color are rare, colors can elicit hormonal responses and psychological reactions.

Judging from the last post, these colours have definitely elicited some type of hormonal response...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts