The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you deal with anger and frustration?

Do you:

Stew?

Say, oh well?

Go to the gym and beat the crap out of a punching bag?

Run a marathon?

Pig out?

Or

Try to change your perception about the problem and flip it into something positive?

Be honest with yourself!

The last solution seems the politically correct thing to do and say but how many of us really do this all of the time?

Just an FYI. I am still very angry about something that happened yesterday and it's affecting everything I have done since. It sure is easy just to say, "let it go" but damn it, it's another to do!

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Try to change your perception about the problem and flip it into something positive?
I used to have a very bad temper. I came to realize I was likely hurting only myself, emotionally and physically. These two pieces of wisdom helped to to change.

Proverbs 14:30
A calm heart gives life to the body, But jealousy is rottenness to the bones.

James 1:19
Know this, my beloved brothers: Everyone must be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger,

This article is for young people who have problems controlling their anger but it is good advice for all of us. I found this very helpful.

How Can I Control My Anger? | Young People Ask

I hope this is as helpful to you as it was to me.

·
Premium Member
16,668 Posts
It depends how stressed i already am.

Stew a bit, compulsively eat, sleep, cry, in any order.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
One, play guitar.

Apparently I've had hypertension for quite a while and didn't know. I thought I was just an uncontrollable asshole. Anyway, there's this pill I take at bedtime that makes me a lot less asshole and a lot more chill.

Besides that, I breathe deeply, do what some folks call meditation but I'm really just calming myself and shutting out the fucked up outside world, stretch some muscles, if there's a possibility of sex within the next couple of hours I concentrate of getting me some, I refocus, plan, pet the dog, go for a walk, play guitar, but mostly I just do something else altogether and come back to the cause of my anger/frustration later.

I used to like a good primal scream, it always worked to shake off the irritations, but it started to hurt my voice which is an irritation itself. I couldn't win.

Splitting wood is way better than breaking something, but I don't have a wood stove anymore because it took up too much room and guitars always come first around here, so no more wood pile. It kind of sucks because I actually like splitting cordwood.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
One, play guitar.

I thought I was just an uncontrollable asshole.
Knowing that I am an uncontrollable asshole makes me smile and realize that I will prevail and shut them fuckers down when they start up their act.

But, all that aside, I like decent people a lot and my main reason for taking another breath is to play guitar, sing songs and have a real good time while I'm on this earth. ... lol

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I am an expert at letting things slide. I have no time to be angry. That is my general mentality. I am also human and that doesn't always work but time does generally clear up all angers for me.

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
I go for a nice long ride and if that doesn't work I usually beat the crap out of something......I used to get drunk and beat the crap out of someone but I don't drink no more. Once I cool down a bit I go work on the 81 for a while.
steady....I prefer Judges 15:8 KJV.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just have come to the realization that worrying about this is stupid and pointless.

This situation has occurred before and I managed to get through it by just chalking it up to a life experience. A little depressing before but not quite the end of the world but I thought so at that point in time.

Same situation just different people involved.

I just have to move forward.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I murder people. To death.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hey! Where the h*ll have you been hiding? ;)

I hardly see you here!

Are you coming to Riff Wrath?

Sorry ppls. totally off topic. I hijacked my own thread. :confused::eek:o_O

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Pray
Play guitar
Think about other stuff

but I don't tend to get angry easily...

Reactions: Blind Dog

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I murder people. To death.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The only drawback is you may have to spend some time in the big house.

PS don't bend over to pick up that bar of soap in the shower! ;)

But ya, great plan!

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The problem is, people actually think their opinions count. I've learned to become indifferent to most peoples opinions so who cares what they think.
It's not just quite that easy!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts